Funny Youtube Videos

Funny Videos with combine views of One Billion times

Click Here For FUNNY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

Monday, 26 May 2008

Two girls... and a customer: Not all GROs are prostitutes


EASY money... that was what led 19-year-old Noreen to become a part-time guest relations officer (GRO) at a karaoke outlet.

She begins work at 6pm daily and finishes at about 2am on weekdays and 4am on weekends. She earns up to RM150 a day, depending on the number of customers.

Noreen, who hails from Port Dickson, says she is studying computer programming in Seremban but often found herself short of money.

She hopes to complete her course by next year but in the mean time, she needs about RM1,500 every month to pay her fees, rental and other expenses.

"I come from a below-average family and previously, I was working part-time at McDonalds' to supplement what my father used to give me.
"But that was hardly enough. A friend who frequents this joint then introduced this job to me."

She says the job is "simple". All she has to do is accompany customers who want to sing karaoke.

"There's no basic salary. My pay depends on tips and commission from the sale of drinks."

Noreen doesn't offer any "extra services", although her customers have asked her often enough.

"Some can become a bit aggressive after a few drinks. That's when we call in the bouncers."

Most of her customers are elderly men who want to enjoy a pretty girl's company while they sing their hearts out or have some drinks in the private rooms.

"How much I make each night depends on how much the customers tip me. Sometimes, it's a few ringgit, sometimes it's quite a generous sum."

Her parents have no idea their only daughter is working in a karaoke lounge. They think she is still flipping burgers at McDonalds'.

"I don't intend to do this for long. I attend classes in the morning and study in the afternoons. Hopefully, I will complete my studies next year and get a better job.

"Contrary to what people may think, being a GRO does not necessarily mean you are a prostitute. It's two different things."

Source: The New Straits Times

No comments: