Funny Youtube Videos

Funny Videos with combine views of One Billion times

Click Here For FUNNY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

Teenager with a heart of gold robbed


DO unto others as you would have them do unto you.

This is the saying which an 18-year-old, who only wishes to be known as Tan, lives by.

Despite his busy schedule as an accountancy student in a college in Sunway, Tan, from Bangsar, still manages to spare two hours once a week to teach English and Maths for free to poor students at an outreach centre in Sri Sentosa, Jalan Klang Lama.

However, his good deeds went unrecognised as he was robbed by two men while he was about to teach a class last Tuesday.

The incident occurred when he was climbing a flight of stairs for an 8pm class where he tutors some 25 students.

Relating his ordeal, Tan said his path was blocked by a man in his 20s. He said the man had confronted him before calling an accomplice, who arrived armed with a cleaver.

“The duo made it clear that all they wanted was money. So I handed them my wallet containing RM310 and my cell phone.

“At the time, I wasn’t scared but I felt life was more precious than anything else,” he said, adding that the robbery took place 10m away from the door.

Despite being shook up over his close encounter, Tan chose to carry on teaching the class that night.

“I decided not to reveal what had happened as I did not want to scare my students. As it is, crimes are rampant in the area.

“I only hope the police will step up patrols for the safety of residents,” he said.

Tan, who hails from a well-to-do family, said tutoring was a way for him to contribute to society.

“Moreover, I am contemplating being a teacher, so this is good practice,” said Tan modestly.

He said the incident won’t deter him from tutoring.

“Nothing will stop me from helping these kids. I am even more determined to help them to excel academically,” said Tan.

Source: The Malay Mail

No comments: