Funny Youtube Videos

Funny Videos with combine views of One Billion times

Click Here For FUNNY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

Monday, 25 June 2007

Seinfeld-ology: Definition of Racist… by Aku Betul


A very good blog on Racism and definition of it within Malaysian context by Aku Betul.


Aku Betul wrote:

Excerpts:

"Seinfeld is one of my favorite sitcom ever. Even they stop producing the series in 1998, I still watch every single repeated episode at channel 70, 11:00 pm weekdays. Last week's episode, Jerry and Elaine have this conversation:

Jerry: I love Chinese woman.

Elaine: I don’t know you racist.

Jerry: No, I don’t think it is racist if we love them.


So, aku pun mula berfikir, apa sebenarnya yang dimaksudkan dengan racist. Sebagai football fans, yang aku tahu racist adalah apabila penonton mengejek player berkulit hitam yang main untuk team lawan. Racist dalam football dah makin teruk walaupun semua orang sibuk dengan Kick Racism campaign.
....

1. Macam case Jerry and Chinese woman, if we love that person because of his/her race or skin colour adakah itu racist?

Let say, I prefer to work with Chinese, since for me they are very hardworking. I don’t think that racist, right? But remember at the same time, dengan tidak sengajanya aku dah ‘mengutuk’ bangsa lain sebagai malas, kan? Obviously that is racist. Sama juga if Jerry love to date Chinese woman for his own reason, maksudnya dia dah kutuk perempuan bangsa lain yang tidak ada quality Chinese woman yang dia mahukan."

Read further...









No comments: