Funny Youtube Videos

Funny Videos with combine views of One Billion times

Click Here For FUNNY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Tax payer is amused : 'Spelling' through the phone can be funny


True story...

A taxpayer called up the LHDN (Inland Revenue Board) in Terengganu, and asked for Form B. The LHDN clerk who answered the call asked for the address to send the form to. The conversation goes :

LHDN CLERK: "Boleh bagi alamat encik?" (Can you give me your address?)

TAXPAYER: "Hantar ke Ranhill Worley." (Send to Ranhill Worley)

LHDN CLERK: "Ranhill... eja macam mana?" (err... How to spell Ranhill?)

TAXPAYER: "R.. for Rumah... A for Ayam.. N for Nangka... H for Holland... I for itik... L for lain-lain...." (spelling)
LHDN CLERK: "Ok.. nanti kami hantar ke alamat tu" (OK, we will send to that address...)


After waiting for a week, the form arrived – have a look at the address on the envelope !!!

(click to enlarge picture)



A follow up article on this incident was published in The Malay Mail. Read further below:

“IT was the funniest thing that had ever happened to me,” said the man whose employer’s name was spelled out weirdly on his Inland Revenue Board Form B letter. Adly Ismail, 30, a former Ranhill Worley Sdn Bhd employee said: “It’s in the past.

It’s nothing and it’s not a big deal. But everytime I think about it, I smile.” “IRB offi cials contacted me to explain the situation and apologised several weeks after the board was made aware of the e-mail,” he told The Malay Mail yesterday.

Adly, who is a process design engineer for a British company in Malacca, said he felt sorry for the clerk.

“I felt sorry for her because she was just helping me to speed up the process.

“It happened during the holiday break and the deadline for assessment was drawing closer,” he said.

Recalling the conversation with the clerk, Adly said he had to spell out the word ‘Ranhill’ exactly as reported in Weekend Mail, except for the alphabet ‘N’.

“I told her that ‘N’ was for negeri, not nangka as mentioned in the e-mail.” Adly also said he never thought anyone would take the trouble to scan the envelope and e-mail it.

“It was one of my colleagues.

The letter was delivered to the receptionist. I guess my colleagues found out about it.” He said he found out about it through the e-mail fi rst, before getting the letter.

“I took it as a joke,” he said.

He added that two or three weeks later, he received a call from IRB offi cials.

“The good thing about this was that many of my old friends got in touch with me,” he said.

Weekend Mail reported that e-mails had been circulating for a couple of years about a telephone conversation between a taxpayer who called asking for Form B, and an IRB clerk.

The clerk asked the taxpayer to give his address so that the form could be sent.

To make things easier, the man, according to the e-mail, spelled out the name of his employers — Ranhill — as R for Rumah, A for Ayam, N for Nangka, H for Holland, I for Itik, L for Lain Lain.

And that was what was written on the envelope.

Source: The Malay Mail




No comments: