Funny Youtube Videos

Funny Videos with combine views of One Billion times

Click Here For FUNNY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

Friday, 24 August 2007

China doll cons retiree of RM20,000



FORMER restaurant helper Fung Chee Lum @ Fung Thin had more than breakfast one day in May last year.

As the 75-year-old sipped black coffee in a shop in Petaling Street that morning, a China national approached him and asked him to be her boyfriend.

Shocked, Fung from Puchong, was at first reluctant, citing the fact that he was old, married and had children, although he was not living with his wife.

The 34-year-old, nicknamed Xiao Mao, was persistent and almost every day when Fung had breakfast at the shop, she would be there to woo him.

It was not long before Xiao Mao managed to charm Fung and they became a couple.

Their relationship was a bed of roses until recently, when Fung discovered that not only had Xiao Mao cheated him of his heart, but also more than RM20,000.

Speaking at the MCA Public Services and Complaint Department yesterday, Fung said in January, Xiao Mao went missing.

That was when a man, known as Lau, told him that Xiao Mao had been caught by police for prostitution and was detained at the Semenyih camp.

Sounding helpful, Lau assured Fung that he could help secure her release. But the favour came with a condition — Lau wanted money.

Fung believed Lau because he loved Xiao Mao and was worried about her safety.

For seven months, Fung regularly gave Lau money amounting to RM20,000.

Lau claimed he was well connected with the Immigration Department and he could secure Xiao Mao’s release.

“But Xiao Mao never came back and it dawned on me that I have been cheated.

“They are lovers and had conspired.

“My friends have seen them walking together in Petaling Street and I heard they are now in Penang,” said Fung, adding that Lau’s cell phone has been switched off.

If losing his girlfriend was not bad enough, Fung said he was also lambasted by his friends for believing Xiao Mao and Lau.

“I don’t understand why they did this to me. I loved her and I believed every lie Lau told me.

“Not only have I lost my love, I have also lost RM20,000, which I saved up for my funeral expenses,” said Fung in tears.

Sounding troubled and disheartened, Fung said all he wanted was for Lau to return the money.

Fung said his wife and children are aware of the incident but they could not be bothered.

Source: The Malay Mail

No comments: