Funny Youtube Videos

Funny Videos with combine views of One Billion times

Click Here For FUNNY VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE

Sunday, 15 July 2007

Is this too revealing?



Singer Siti Noor Idayu Abd Moin was told she has to answer to charges of ‘revealing her body’ for wearing this top when singing.

IPOH: How should a Muslim singer dress if she’s singing with a band in clubs?

Singer Siti Noor Idayu Abd Moin, 24, posed this question after she was apparently detained by the Perak Religious Department officers at the Rum Jungle Club in Sunway City, near here, last Tuesday.

Sporting the same top she wore during the raid, Noor Idayu asked if it was too sexy as alleged by the officers. The sleeveless top has a triangular pattern which showed a part of her back.

"I was surprised when the officers told me that this top was too revealing. Sometimes I wear something similar when I go out in the day. This is sexy? I do not think so," she said yesterday.

Noor Idayu claimed that during the raid, the male officers had taken a lot of pictures of her from almost every angle.
"When I was taken to the department’s headquarters in Ipoh, my pictures were taken again. When I asked why they needed so many shots, they said, ‘It’s procedure’.

"Really? It did seem like I was being singled out," she said.

Noor Idayu was released on Wednesday morning on a RM1,000 bond in one surety. She was told to appear before the Ipoh Syariah Court on Aug 6 to face charges of "revealing her body" and "promoting vice" under the Perak Syariah Penal Code. The singer was picked up together with four of her band members.

"I felt so insulted when one of the officers, who was holding our MyKad, put them together with some beer glasses and said ‘najis’ (filth). What gave him the right to demean us when it is not clear that we were guilty of anything?" she asked.

Noor Idayu, who has been singing in clubs for the last three years, said she did not take any alcoholic drinks and even her breathalyser test was negative.

"When I passed the test, the female officers seemed disappointed and asked me to do it again. I did so willingly as I knew that I did not drink. Not once in my three years of singing in clubs have I drunk liquor," she said.

There was a twist to the incident, though. Noor Idayu’s father, who contacted the department, was apparently told that the charges would be dropped.

"However, I will still appear at the court on Aug 6. Whether the charges are dropped or otherwise, we shall see. I am prepared to fight my case," she said.

Her manager, K. Selvaraj, said he was seeking legal advice to protect Noor Idayu’s career and the band’s reputation.

"Band members are not all bad. They are people earning a living for their families."

Source: The New Straits Time

No comments: